Hard though it may be to believe, there are still media relations people out there who think it’s a good idea to encourage folks to use Twitter hashtags to send interactive questions to members of their favorite teams. Arizona State put out the word the other day that #AskASU would be a way to send questions directly to new Sun Devils football coach Todd Graham during today’s Pac-12 media day. And, yeah. You know where this is going.
Graham, of course, coached one season at Pitt last year. He famously announced his decision to leave via a text that he asked to have forwarded for him, and he did it when the Panthers were still preparing for a bowl game. He also said Arizona State was his “dream job,” and he later let it be known that he hated having to share a practice facility with the Steelers, among other silly resentments. Naturally, when Pitt fans got wind of #AskASU, they chimed in with a smattering of questions of their own. We’ve compiled a list of some of them for you below:
– Coach when you mentioned speed speed speed, were you then hinting at how fast you would be leaving Pitt?#AskASU
– Coach G, you do realize that allowing transfers without penalty is only a privilege for Penn State students, right? #AskASU
– #AskASU coach, what are your thoughts on having more wins than Joe Pa last year? Will you use that for your next dream job?
– What genius catchphrase will you invent this year that’s bound to be taken so seriously by the students in Tempe? #AskASU
– Coach, would you leave Penni if an opportunity for a “dream” wife came along? #AskA
– #AskASU so how do you feel about email breakups?
– Graham on Camp: “Our cell phones don’t work up there. That will be great, 4 days without cell phones.”#AskASU So, yr sayin yr coming back?
– #AskASU Coach,aren’t you glad you don’t have those pesky Steelers hanging around YOUR cafeteria?
– Have you put your house on the market yet? #AskASU
– Hey Todd, my grandmas cat passed away, can you text her the bad news. I dont have the heart. #AskASU
– Coach Graham- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop…or do you just quit licking and leave half-way? #AskASU
– #AskASU coach. Did your wife cry when she got off the plane in Zona like she did when she landed in Pittsburgh?
– #AskASU is asu still ur dream job?
– The shame is, if Pitt fans ever got behind their team they way they did behind #AskASU, they’d sell out Heinz Field more often.